Tuesday 19 May 2015

Books Nobody's Reading That Everyone Should Be Reading for #IreadYA




It's #IreadYA week over at This is Teen and what a perfect opportunity to promote some of my favourite books!

They need some serious love!

Being popular and incredible is something rare to me. There are so many popular books that don't deserve even a portion of the fame they have achieved. But incredible books that are underrated - now that's my thing. Here's a list of some of my favourite books. All of these are worth your time. And also worth way more hype than they got.

Before you bite my head off, I know some of these are best sellers but that doesn't mean I've ever heard people talk about them. Like I said, these books are worth way more hype then they got.

This time I tried to be ruthless and put them in order of how much I think these books need to be read but they all need to be read. So read them!

The Dustlands Trilogy - Moira Young
(Blood Red Road, Rebel Heart, Raging Star)


The Forest of Hands and Teeth Trilogy - Carrie Ryan 
(The Forest of Hands & Teeth, The Dead-Tossed Waves, The Dark & Hollow Places)



The Rephiam Series - Paula Weston 
(Shadows, Haze, Shimmer - plus more to come)



Anna Dressed in Blood - Kendare Blake


The Reapers are the Angels - Alden Bell


The Unearthly Trilogy - Cynthia Hand 
(Unearthly, Hallowed, Boundless)



The Other Life - Susanne Winnacker 


The Lorien Legacies - Pittacus Lore 
(I am Number Four, The Power of Six - am yet to read the rest)



Maybe One Day - Melissa Kantor


Starters - Lissa Price

So pick one of these fantastic books up, grab a glass or mug of something and settle into a wonderful summer of book discoveries.



Molly Looby
Author, Reader, YA lover

molly.looby@hotmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment