Tuesday 8 March 2016

Top 10 Female Characters for International Women's Day 2016



Now, last year for International Women's Day I made a list of my favourite female authors (you can read it here) and the year before I made a list of strong female characters including some of my own (you can read it here).

This year I thought I'd make it more difficult for myself. I'm only going to list 10.

So here we go. My all time top 10 female characters. (They are not ranked. I tried. It was too painful!)


  1. Katniss Everdeen (The Hunger Games Trilogy)
  2. Matilda Wormwood (Matilda)
  3. Diana Ladris (GONE Series)
  4. Viola Eade (Chaos Walking Trilogy)
  5. Tris Prior (Divergent Trilogy)
  6. Hermione Granger (Harry Potter Series)
  7. Luna Lovegood (Harry Potter Series)
  8. Annah (The Dark and Hollow Places)
  9. Gaby Winters (The Rephaim Series)
  10. Saba (Dustlands Trilogy)
While we're here, I might as well point out that all the books these ladies are from are fantastic and you should pick up a copy or two!

Happy International Women's Day!



Molly Looby
Author / Editor in Chief at Molten Publishing / Freelance Editor / Writing Coach / Reviewer / Blogger / Wrimo / Movellian / ZA Ready
molly@moltenpublishing.co.uk

Visit me on Facebook / Twitter LinkedIn / Movellas NaNoWriMo

No comments:

Post a Comment