Monday 13 June 2016

All Change - India Taylor

Blurb

Saffron's life is turned upside down when she gets bitten by a strange girl. Nothing can prepare her for the events about to unfold. When the boy of her dreams, and most people's nightmares, falls for her, they quickly realise they are natural enemies by design. The supernatural world has never been so exciting, and so incredibly dangerous. Shifters, vampires and fey get together to fight the corruption that holds the country captive, and only Saffron holds the key. The real question is, whose side are the angels on?


My Review

All Change is the first in the Bite Me series and to be perfectly honest, I don't know if I was ready for this. I knew there were vampires and shifters, but when the other supernatural creatures showed up, I was bowled over. Luckily I love anything supernatural like this so I lapped it up. But I don't think I've read a book with so many supernatural creatures in it before--at least not in book one.

It seemed to get going very quickly. Too quickly in fact. I wanted time to stop so I could take a breath and work out what had happened. But instead, we were whisked on to the next thing. This is because the book is super ambitious and long as it is, and there's no time for dilly-dallying. But I needed some dilly-dallying. I wanted a bit more build up. I wanted Saffron to work out what happened to her bit by bit. This feeling followed me through the book, and I just wanted something more. I wanted every detail Taylor had about the universe she'd created. 

I adored the plot, I have to say. Something just kept me reading and reading. However, I wanted a little more from the characters. There were so many it was difficult at times to get to know them, and I would've loved the opportunity to know more about them as they're all so interesting. Though there were so many it was a bit confusing at times.

Saying all this though, I struggled to put it down.



Evaluation

Overall 7/10


All Change was an action-packed, ambitious novel with all your favourite supernatural creatures.



Author / Editor in Chief at Molten Publishing / Freelance Editor / Writing Coach / Reviewer / Blogger / Wrimo / Movellian / ZA Ready
molly@moltenpublishing.co.uk

Visit me on Facebook / Twitter LinkedIn / Movellas NaNoWriMo

No comments:

Post a Comment