Friday 14 July 2017

Top 25 YA Books/Series for I Read YA Week!

©Scholastic

It's that time again! Happy I read YA week! The blog I wrote for I read YA week last year is fitting this year as the theme is #YAStandsFor, and my blog was all about Why #IReadYA. The year before that, I listed ten YA books that people should be reading.

Now I'm going one step further. I'm going to list my top twenty-five YA stand-alone books and series. Every book/series on this list should be added to your TBR list immediately! They are phenomenal!

(In case you were wondering, they're alphabetical by author.)


  1. The Reapers are the Angels - Alden Bell
  2. Anna Dressed in Blood duology - Kendare Blake
  3. The Perks of Being a Wallflower - Stephen Chbosky
  4. The Hunger Games trilogy - Suzanne Collins
  5. Before I Die - Jenny Downham
  6. Just One Day - Gayle Forman
  7. Gone series - Michael Grant
  8. Paper Towns - John Green
  9. The Fault in Our Stars - John Green
  10. Unearthly trilogy - Cynthia Hand
  11. Lorien Legacies series - Pittacus Lore
  12. Warm Bodies series (including the prequel) - Isaac Marion
  13. Chaos Walking trilogy - Patrick Ness
  14. Before I Fall - Lauren Oliver
  15. Divergent trilogy - Veronica Roth
  16. Harry Potter series - J.K. Rowling
  17. Daughter of Deep Silence - Carrie Ryan
  18. The Forest of Hands and Teeth trilogy - Carrie Ryan
  19. The Wolves of Mercy Falls series - Maggie Stiefvater
  20. I am Not a Serial Killer series - Dan Wells
  21. Rephaim series - Paula Weston
  22. The Art of Being Normal - Lisa Williamson
  23. 5th Wave trilogy - Rick Yancey
  24. Dustlands trilogy - Moira Young
  25. The Book Thief - Markus Zusak

Now I'm not saying these are the top twenty-five ever; they're just my current top twenty-five. I know for a fact there are a few books on my TBR list that'll make it onto this list. That's one of the great things about YA. When you think it can't get any better, a book comes along that blows you apart, breaking you and fixing you all at once.

And that's why I read YA.



If there's a book that made you feel this way that I don't have on my list, please let me know! I live for that kind of YA!


Molly Looby
Author / Editor in Chief at Molten Publishing / Freelance Editor / Writing Coach / Reviewer / Blogger / Wrimo / Movellian / ZA Ready

molly@moltenpublishing.co.uk

No comments:

Post a Comment